Monday, August 17, 2009

Vintage Picnic

Happy Monday! Yeah, I don't really believe in those, but I'm throwin' it out there for those of you that do. I'm writing this on Sunday night, so there's still a hint of optimism in me. Actually, if all my girls stay healthy & out of the ER, that would make it a happy Monday. So, the card. I realized while making this that most of the time I never know where I'm going with a card when I start. I knew I was going to use this image and what colors I was going to use. The rest just kind of evolves. I got lucky that I had enough room to make the image a circle, since I decided to do that after I colored it all in. Not that it would have been the end of the world if I had to color it over, but I would've probably changed something since I hate doing the exact same thing twice. And this card is for a September birthday, so I'm waaay ahead of the game and just so proud of myself. Of course, I still have 3 birthdays in August I'm not even close to being ready for, but why worry about such things? The closest one is...wow, 5 days away. Guess I should get to work on that since it's for a guy and you all know how much I looove making cards for guys.

Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Vintage Picnic & Vintage Picnic Sentiments (PTI), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black & Versamark, Paper: white & Hibiscus Burst (PTI), Certaily Celery (SU!), Accessories: clear embossing ink (PTI), Copics:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea with the circle! I also like how the rounded edges of the handles and top of the basket are then repeated with the one rounded side of the polka dot pattern. Makes a great composition. And I can totally relate with your cards kind of evolving on their own.
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Love the basket of tulips!

Your Favorite Aunt

Angie Minyard said...

I didn't know you had this set. I have it,too. Although my cards will never look as good as yours :o).

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates