Saturday, September 5, 2009

Big Ol' Candles

I know. You probably thought that I'd surely follow up what seems to be a popular card (for me, anyway) with something amazing. I mean isn't that why it's been sitting up at the top of my blog for days & days? Well, it's been sitting there cuz I haven't been able to make anything since that chair-ish one (ha, still funny). Not that I haven't had time, just nothing has been coming to me. I did make this one card (but not this card) that I thought was ok. It sat on my desk for a bit and then when I went to photograph it, I noticed that the ink had smudged. I totally blame my kids. I have no idea what happened, so I thought I'd just spread the blame around evenly. No one has fessed up, so what's a girl to do? I just figure it was an accident or maybe they didn't know (suckerrr)...they're always sitting at my desk, looking through my projects, writing on my scrap pad. And I wasn't in love with the card. If it were something I spent hours on, torturing myself to get just right, there would have been an investigation. An inquisition. Bloodhounds. Rolling heads. All that. But no, it was just a card. Anyway, I needed a couple of cards, so I whipped up a few simple ones to get my mojo flowing, cuz I've got some big birthdays coming up. Somebody's turning sweet 16. No, no pressure...

Stamps: Birthday Brackets (Stampendous), Cupcakes (Hampton Art), Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: white & Plum Pudding (PTI), Accessories: Crystal effects on the flames (SU!), Copics:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fat candles with a retro flair in a simple setting. Something pretty to look at to start my four-day weekend!
Bestest Mom Ever

Susan Raihala said...

Love the coloring and colors here!

Anonymous said...

Those big candles make me smile!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates