Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Stuff

Ok, you guys know how I really hate making guy cards cuz they're just difficult? Well, shopping for my husband is equally nightmarish. He's that guy that can want things, but he has to research them to death and suck all the fun out of spontaneous shopping. He's gotta read reviews and compare brands and look into it from every possible angle, whatever it is, for no less than a week. He has researched things for months. Now, this can be an admirable thing, I guess, but it also makes it impossible to just run out & buy him something. So I was forced to make him something. Thank goodness for Heather Nichols! I saw this and knew I was gonna make it through another year!


She's got a tutorial of how to put this together on her blog, but if you're just too lazy to click over, this is 3 5 1/4" square envelopes stuck together. I covered the envelopes with DP, stamped 3 different sentiments from Father Knows Best with the treetop (also from that set), mounted those on coordinating cardstock and slapped all those on the envelopes. The little tabs you see poking out are the tabs that pull out the picture panels in the last picture.

This is an overhead shot just so you get a better idea of what's going on here. It's kinda like those cards that keep opening up, just made from envelopes, which is even easier.


The tabs that were poking out up there were attached to these. I just found pictures of all 3 girls, printed them out and mounted them onto cardstock. Soooo easy. Yes, I covered the back side of the envelopes, too. The top picture shows one of the outside panels. It's just reversed coordinating paper of the ones I used on the inside. Then I punched out the same paper and put it behind a clear button, so I could tuck the last flap under it to keep the "book" closed. Since I don't explain these things very well, it probably sounds a lot more difficult than it is. It was actually pretty easy, and if you want to try it, I'd follow really Heather's instructions.

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day!

Stamps: Father Knows Best (Papertrey), Ink: Close to Cocoa, Wild Wasabi (SU!), Paper: Very Vanilla, Close to Cocoa, Wild Wasabi, CC & WW DSP, white 5 1/4" square envelopes (all SU!), Accessories: tab punch & clear button (SU!), pictures of my beautiful babies =)

P.S. Stephanie: no, those weren't the new in-colors in the fairy card. That was Papertrey's Sweet Blush and 2 of my copic markers that just happen to go together really well. Pretty cool, huh? I'll let you know when I get those new colors.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It certainly looks very difficult and looks like it took a ton of time. But it is absolutely amazing and I'll bet he was pretty impressed! Great job!
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

I love the colors on this fun project. It turned out really CUTE. Thanks for sharing. You always make me happy, I always have something new to look at. Thanks. ;)

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates