Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Teacher Thanks


Ok, so I'm making progress. I've finally got something finished. This is one of my thank you cards for my girls' teachers. Each of the 2 girls in elementary have 2 teachers, so that's 4. Then, their kindergarten teacher is retiring, and you've got the office staff, which I love...Well, the hardest part for me was the layout, and that's done, so now I just need to get all of them done and then I only have the gift part. *sigh* I'm thinking tins. I bought more of the ones that I used at Christmas, cuz those were really popular. Yeah, I bought my Christmas tins in April. I like to be prepared. But I was afraid there would be a crazy run on them like last year. Well, the company accidentally sent me an extra case of tins and told me to just go ahead and keep them, so I'm ok with parting with a few throughout the year. But just a few. I'm also a hoarder. I haven't decided on what to put in them yet, though. I thought I'd ask the girls what they thought for each teacher. Candles, soap, gift cards, chocolate. We'll see. And when I get those done, I'll be sure to post for your viewing pleasure. Phew. Is it summer yet?

Oh, yeah. Just a side note about the card. I discovered something neato. Yeah, I said it. Anyway, in the scallops, I used my fabulous (I mean Fab-u-lous!) Inkssentials white pen to make a dot and then went over the dot with my Star Dust Stickles. In real life, it looks like shiny little rhinestones. It's beautiful. No, really. So, if anybody is looking for a white pen that really writes white, this is the one for you. No need to thank me, it's my good deed for the day. My work here is done.

Stamps: Flower Girl (Elzybells), Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey), Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac (SU!), Paper: Papertrey white, Lavender Lace, Lovely Lilac (SU!), Accessories: Copics, Dew Drops (Robin's Nest), Marvy punches, Inkssentials white pen, Stickles

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute is that? I thought the white dots were cut-outs which I couldn't imagine your doing 50 times, but glad you explained that! Looks like lace and ever so cool. Good job!
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

you crack me up. my daughter thinks you are a funny gal. she got a kick out of you yesterday. now she knows why i like to work with ya. you make me laugh too. you are just a fun gal to be around.
the card is FABULOUS and i can't wait to see your gifts. ;) and yes i can cut cake the last day of school if you need me.

Anonymous said...

Love the color! Such a happy-looking card! Really, really cute!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates