Sunday, August 3, 2008

An Oopsie Birthday


This card started out being for my niece who is turning 18. It had some cute little butterflies over on the panel where the Primas are. They even had little trails behind them. Then, I thought, hmmmm, those butterflies look nekkie (somehow, that became how we say naked in our house...), so I added some stickles. Man, that just wasn't working. So I thought I'd just pry off the butterflies and stick something over the trails that were left behind. Well, I couldn't cover them up, cuz while trying to be artsy fartsy and random, I also spread those suckers out all over the darn place and there was to be no covering them up. So, I pried off the other panel with the stamped flowers and just redid the whole bottom layer of the card. Aaaahh, much better. Added some Primas and viola! Yeah, that says VIOLA and not VOILA. It irritates me when people do that, so for some reason I just couldn't resist doing it myself. Clearly these people took Spanish in school. Anyway, by the time I finished all that switcherooing, it looked too *ahem* mature for an 18 year old. So, it's for my stepmom, who I'm pretty sure will love this card, cuz it's feminine and she's into all that kinda stuff. She's tough and doesn't take any crap, but she's still feminine and we love that about her. Happy Birthday Grandma!

Stamps: Spiral Bouquet, Birthday Basics (Papertrey), Ink: Riding Hood Red, Mellow Moss (SU!), Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: Papertrey white, Basic Black, Mellow Moss & Riding Hood Red (SU!), Accessories: Nestabilities, Primas, Stickles, Baubles (Stamping Bella)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you know why I love this one. It is out there and very eye-catching and, oh yeah, red! Viola! Oops, voila! See, you did get something out of Vietnamese French!
Happy Birthday Virgi!
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

I love the red.

Anonymous said...

This card POPS! I truly love it!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates