Monday, October 6, 2008

Swirled Eggplant


Ok, here's the purple version of my tree card. It's been tweaked just a wee bit. First, I was mounting the tree and had a little oopsie. I mounted about 8 of them on silver cardstock before I realized it was supposed to be on purple cardstock first and then the silver. D'oh! I sounded so panicked when I discovered this that Tia came running and asked me if I was hurt. So, I explained to her that I just made a *big ol' whoops!* on my cards and that I was ok. I would just make it work. (Hey, that's just one less layer to worry about!) Then she told me not to worry, it was still pretty. Yeah, she's great. But seriously, I really need to relax more. Then, I had to find a different ribbon, and I think this silver one is better than the first one I had. I actually started obsessing about it and then I realized I'm the only one who cares. I also added a little white sponging along the edges to soften it up a little. Now it's not so perfectly clean (in a good way), but still totally me, as I could just sponge the whole world to death! And that, my friends, is the last of my Christmas cards. That's it. You've seen them all. Now off you go to do something creative. Oh, and Happy Monday!

Stamps: Snow Swirled (SU!), Ink: Elegant Eggplant (SU!), Brilliance Moonlight White (Tsukineko), Paper: Papertrey white, Elegant Eggplant (SU!), Warm Steel (Paper Company), Accessories: silver ribbon (Michael's), rhinestones

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very classy. I love the color. Gorgeous!!!

Your Favorite Aunt

Anonymous said...

I knew I would like it in purple, um, eggplant. So we have a Caribbean and an Eggplant Christmas card. Oh, and Poppy! You are just far too creative for me. I can't keep up! In fact, I don't see where I have painted any horses this year that I can turn into a Christmas card. Maybe Tiger Tatiana? Naw, that's too far out. OK, no cards from Dee this year.
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

very pretty, love the colors.

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates