Wednesday, January 21, 2009

How Wonderful

Does she look familiar? Yep, this is the Greeting Farm's (formerly known as Pink Poison) take on Alice in Wonderland. I am so in love with this set it's ridiculous. I just love the way she's drawn. And those eyes! I didn't want poor Alice to just be standing there all by her lonesome, so I added the mushrooms for her to stand with. All that's missing are the Cheshire Cat and that goofy smoking caterpillar. Is that really appropriate, Disney? Really? And just what was he smoking? Mmmhmm. I realize this movie is old and people didn't think about that stuff back then, but come on. And I just love, "Whoooooo aaare youuu?" Oh well. They only have Alice & a really cute version of the Mad Hatter. Not really lookin' all that mad. I'm still working on that card. Oh, they have a rabbit, too, but I'm gonna need some time before I can get a white (!) rabbit done. This set is so cute, Darien asked me to make a birthday card using Alice for one of her friends. And I have all the way til Friday before she needs it. Aww. Aren't kids great?

Stamps: Wonderland (The Greeting Farm), Piece of Cake (PTI), Ink: Bashful Blue (SU!), Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: PTI white, Bashful Blue (SU!), Accessories: Dew drops, Copics: B000, B24, BV13, BV31, E11, E21, E33, E44, E51, G20, N1, N5, R20, R81, Y11, YG63



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, how cute! Love those eyes. And the colors. And speaking of composition (see last post), adding the mushrooms (which could have been what the caterpillar was smoking) is the perfect idea and placed ideally behind her in the right space. Gives it a background and a reason for her to be standing there. I love it!
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Before I scrolled down to read your blog, I said to myself...Alice! She is just adorable!

Your Favorite Aunt

Rachel said...

I love this one!!

And for my vegetarian daughter, you can make a card with just the mushrooms- who knew mushrooms could be so cute??

Stephanie said...

I like Alice.

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear MINT,
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!
Have a Fabulous Day.

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates