Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Delight In Life

Ok, bringing back the sunshine. How about a happy, colorful, springy card? I have to say, while I'm not really one for hot pink (not sure why cuz it's fun!), I love this color. It's Papertrey's Raspberry Fizz, which I used on the flower card 2 posts below. Yes, they're really the same color. Wacky, huh? I guess my lighting is to blame (don't get me started on my picture taking!), because the ink, paper & ribbon really are pretty much the same color. Before I put the ribbon on, I thought to myself, what a lovely, natural looking card. Ha! Then I slapped on that bright pink ribbon and it really came to life. Lovely and natural can be overrated sometimes. There are a couple of details you might not be able to see that make it so much prettier in real life. First, I lightly sponged (me, lightly sponged!) the edges of the kraft paper with vintage cream ink, just to give the kraft a frame and separate it from the pink. Second, I used my glue pen on the flowers and then sprinkled glitter over them. It's really sparkly, but not too much. All in all, I'm really happy with this card. This is one of those cards that I just kept staring at once I finished it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Stamps: Life (PTI), Ink: Raspberry Fizz & Vintage Cream (PTI), Always Artichoke (SU!), Paper: Kraft & Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Always Artichoke (SU!), Accessories: Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon (PTI), glue pen & glitter


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring does make one delight in life, and this card says it all. So cheerful and perfect for the moment! I know about the photo taking: photos of my paintings rare show the actual color of the paint, sigh.
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Love the Raspberry Fizz!!!!

Happy Spring!

Your Favorite Aunt

Stephanie said...

love it.

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates