Friday, May 1, 2009

Special Appearance by Purple


Ok, so I've finally given in. Sorta. I've had people tell me for awhile that I should sell my cards. Now, mostly that was my kids & my mom and really, whose mom wouldn't say that? {no offense, mom} And I would always refuse because I was afraid it wouldn't be fun. There would be pressure & deadlines looming about, waiting to squash my mojo. Blecchhh! But this time was different. I have a friend who sounded almost desperate {no offense, rissa} for me to make her some cards. She asked me, "Do you know what they charge for cards these days?!" Well, actually, no I don't, because I haven't bought one in maybe, 3 years. Probably more. I honestly don't remember the last time I walked into a store and looked at cards, let alone bought one. Plus, she was buying her cards in some boutique-y sounding store (in the san francisco area, no less!) that charged outrageous amounts of money for them. Well, that's silly. I don't pay *anything* for my cards. Ha! Yeah, if you are addicted to into stamping & card making, you know how that one goes. Anyway, the point is, I agreed to make cards for her, she gave me her *order*, and while I was putting it together I noticed there was no purple anywhere to be seen. And I can't remember the last time I used purple. So now I have. And I have to add that I just love that flower!

Stamps: Friends til the End (PTI), Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Elegant Eggplant (SU!), Paper: PTI white, Elegant Eggplant (SU!), Copics:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, the flower is "smashing"! I also agree on the selling idea. Why not? No one should pressure you into doing them, though. Have fun with it!

Your Favorite Aunt

Anonymous said...

The Queen of purple? Prince's biggest fan? Three girls surrounding you with purple for nearly 16 years? Good heaven, woman, what were you thinking? You are nearly as purple as Elphaba is green! OK OK, this is a really lovely card. I like the way the flower goes off the edge and love this color of purple.
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

you should sell them. i would buy them.

Rachel said...

I don't buy cards and haven't in ages. Every now and then I'll like one and pay for it, but that's rare. They're too expensive, nothing special, and people just throw them away!

I have saved all of yours, and my girls have too. :)

Again, I would *totally* buy yours. :)

p.s. OMG how cute are those birds??

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates