Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Really Simple

It seems I really like the simple ones. Cards, not people. Altho, I do love me some simple people, too. Anyway, I love this card. It took about 10 minutes to make. And that's only because I was really taking my time lining up the 2 line stamps that make up the background. I had to lie them on paper against a ruler, then stick my acrylic block on top of them to pick them up, so they'd be straight when I stamped them. And look! They're straight! Yay me! This is one that can easily be reproduced, which is good, cuz I need a bunch of cards. I know, I don't usually like doing that, but May is a busy month for me and I need a lot of cards. Not sure what I was doing in April (which is over already. crazy, right?), with all that farting around I was doing. I'm just glad I got a chance to sit down yesterday (for 10 whole minutes! in a row!) and make this. K, that's it for me for this time. I've got to get back to crankin' out more of the simple. Again, cards, not people. That would just be goofy.

Oh, and a special *hey* to my Aunt Brenda. Thank you so much for coming out here to visit. I loved seeing you & hope you come back tomorrow. Ok, how about really soon? Mmmm, is next week too soon? And by the way, we got NO pictures. How lame are we? So now you have to come back!

Stamps: Sentiment (Cloud 9), Faux Ribbon (PTI), Ink: Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: Baja Breeze & Basic Black (SU!), PTI kraft, Accessories: Nestabilities & black brads


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so thought that was paper and would never have guessed you stamped all those lines! Clean and simple. Card, that is. Well, I do like my people clean, too.
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

I just told your mom the same thing. The only thing I missed was taking more pictures. I had a blast and I want to thank you for your wonderful hospitality. You are a lucky girl to have such a wonderful family. Give Shawn and the girls a big hug and kiss from me, and I PROMISE that I will be back, and not when I'm in a wheel-chair!

Your Favorite Aunt

Stephanie said...

I love it. I love the simple ones they make me happy. I even made a card today. Yeah for me. Glad that The MS walk went well. Can't wait to see the next card you come up. When you order paper in June I will get some too.

Rachel said...

Favorite

Anonymous said...

Ooops!!! I forgot...love the card!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates