Saturday, July 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Clarissa


K, here's what happened. Birthdays, end of school year gifts, Father's Day, more birthdays & so on. Burn out happened. I really don't know how some people make enough stuff to post everyday and then think of stuff to say about said stuff. Still with me? Anyway, I took a much needed break (which totally bummed out my mom) and now I'm back. Sorta. I just thought she's probably sick of looking at my nephew's graduation card (awesome as it is) every time she clicks on my blog.  So here's one that I totally copied from Nichole, because it was so stunning when I first saw it. I love, love, love images in white. They can be crisp & clean or soft & dreamy. But I hate, hate, hate cutting stuff out. So, smuding white ink on kraft cardstock and getting this soft look is something I think I'm gonna do a whole bunch.  I just love the look. Now, I made this card waaay back at the beginning of June, but no, I don't have 2 months of cards saved up. I just have a few to catch you guys up on. But fear not. August is a crazy busy month for me. I have 7 birthdays & I really should make cards for each of those. So, I'll try my best to get those up (assuming I actually make them) but the posts will probably be light on my oh-so-witty banter.  This is also the month of getting the girls ready to go back to school and Tia has soccer. Not sure whose bright idea that was...sitting outside in the heat in August...but we, as great fantabulous good parents do, support our kids in all of their ventures, whether we love them or not. Um, the ventures, not the kids.

Stamps: Year of Flowers: Lily of the Valley & Asian Fusion (PTI), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Fresh Snow (PTI), Paper: white & kraft (PTI), Accessories: Copics (probably) YG67 & YG63


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely card! The dainty flowers, flowing stems, crisp white border. And yes, it is wonderful seeing a new posting and having a new blog to read. You go, Soccer Mom! (I knew you'd love that.)
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Awww...that is a very nice card. Love the Lily of the Valley. Nice color, too. Glad to see you back at it, Mint! I missed you!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates