Saturday, August 14, 2010

Thinking of Red


The power of suggestion. Or, perhaps, monkey see, monkey do? I'm not sure what happened or what to call it, but I saw cool stuff done with this set and decided I had to have it.  Then I made this and called it a day. Not that I don't like the set, but sometimes I have a hard time making things I like work the way I want. Don't get me wrong, I like the card, I just had a hard time doing more with the set. Plus, things recently got so busy for me that I couldn't even enjoy or appreciate the new stuff I was getting. But I had to get it.  So then I had to put a self imposed moratorium on buying new stuff until I used all the cool stuff I just had to have.  At first, I was pretty sure I was going to die, knowing I didn't have a box full of Papertrey goodness coming to my door. But it does get easier as time goes on. And I'm using all the stuff I have, cuz, you know, there's nothing wrong with what I already have.  But let's be clear...it was a temporary pause in my shopping addiction. Next month, Christmas stuff comes out & you know how I love me some Christmas card making gear!

Stamps: Take Three: Summer & Asian Fusion (PTI), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: black & white (PTI), Accessories: Copics ~ R29, R27, R24, YG25, YG11 (i think =/)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sharp graphic quality of this design -- and yeah, a little red, in my opinion, never hurt nothin'. But whoops, you reminded me, I don't think I've painted a horse all year that I can turn into a Christmas card. Gotta get crackin'.
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

I truly love this card, Mint! Like your mom...love the red, but the card just made me sigh when I saw it. Love, love, love it!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates