Sunday, July 29, 2007

Christmas in July?



Well, I guess not really. But I did accidentally get my Christmas card designed today. This is very exciting to me. My husband was wondering why I was even concerned since it's only July. But, I have a lot of birthdays in August, then school starts and I'm one of those involved moms, then I have another bunch of birthdays in November, then it's Christmas! This is the perfect time.


I was just cruising through some blogs this morning and happened across an interesting sketch. On this blog, it was for an invitation, but I thought I could make a regular old card out of that. So I did. Well, I made a couple of them. This is one of them. Then I thought, hey, I could do my Christmas card like that, too. I was having all kinds of problems with getting my Christmas card layout. What would the focus be, what colors will I use, will there be ribbon? It's funny how much I love ribbon now. I used to think it was kinda stupid to have ribbon all over your cards. And I can't even really recall what it was that turned me around, but I'm all over this ribbon thing, and my friends laugh at me now when they remember my initial reluctance to it and then see the gobs of it that I have. Whatever. I have it done, and I don't think it's too difficult to make a million of. I know what you're thinking. Well, let's see it. Sorry. I mean sure, this is a brand new blog, and right now, nobody's reading it. But hopefully, sometime before Christmas, I'll feel like sharing this blog with friends and family and I can't very well have them come on here seeing their Christmas card before they actually get it. It would take away all the suspense. Alright, maybe 'suspense' is too strong a word. I mean, it's a card. And really, only a fraction of the people I send them to are interested in the card. My mom, of course, my stamping friends and a handful of non-stamping friends and family. But it's important to me, and isn't that all that matters? I say yes. Of course, now you have an inside look at how sad my life is, but it works for me!

My card- Paper: Chocolate Chip & Bashful Blue (SU!), Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip (SU!), Stamps: Delight in Life, Priceless Swirl & So Swirly Wheel (all SU!), Accessories: Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon (SU!), and Marvy punches (the pink ones)

1 comment:

Amy said...

It's me AGAIN! Honestly, I'm not a stalker....I am just getting caught up reading all your posts. I'll give you a shoutout on my blog sometime soon to try and get you some fun traffic on your blog, I think my readers would love you! I have blogging religiously for about a year now, and I've got myself a halfway decent following, surprisingly!

Bye!
Amy

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates