Wednesday, August 1, 2007

August (Phew!)


Well, it's August already. I say already even though July kinda dragged on around here. See, this is my family's first official summer break. Ever since our oldest daughter, Darien, started school, we've had year-round school. By the time she started middle school, which was traditional, her sisters were attending the year-round elementary school. So, for the last 3 years, we've had someone in school everyday of the year, except for the regular holidays everyone gets off. And when she had summers off, she spent them volunteering at her sisters' school with all the teachers she had. As Darien goes into high school, her sisters also start a traditional school year schedule. As a stay-at-home mom, this change is a little strange for me. The good part is that they're all on the same schedule. When someone is off, I'm not still getting up & getting someone else ready for school. They're all off at the same time. The weird part is they're all of at the same time. And as good as our girls are, and they are good girls, they want to be entertained. Yeah, I'm not so good at that. For some strange reason, they don't find watching mommy making cards all that fun. Personally, I find it fascinating. But, that could be just me.


They spend a lot of time in the pool, which is good. They're moving around and getting fresh air. They play with each other, which is always good for me. When they come to me and complain about being bored, I am known to respond with, "Play with one of your sisters. That's why I had 3 of you, so you can entertain yourselves." If they don't finish the sentence for me, they just respond with a big *mom-is-so-lame-sigh*. Keeping them entertained is tough at times, but in just a few weeks we already have back to school shopping coming, and registration for high school and orientation. All those things signaling the end to summer. So instead of waiting for September 4th to hurry up & get here, we'll be complaining that summer is almost over way too soon.
One of my many August birthday cards: Stamps: Dilly-Dally SU! Jumbo Wheel, Happy Birthday (Rubber Stampede), Inks: Regal Rose Craft & Lavender Lace Craft (SU!), Paper: Lavender Lace, Regal Rose, Whisper White & Flowers for You DS Paper (SU!), Accessories: Clear Embossing powder, Stampin' Pastels, blender pens (all SU!)

No comments:

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates