Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Christmas Candles


Here I am! I know, I know, I'm a naughty blogger. I've been busy. I'm not sure what I've been so busy with, but apparently it's big enough to keep me from posting. I've finally finished everything I need to do as far as Christmas goes. Well, ok, not the tree or wee bit of decorating I do, or the shopping for presents, but hey, my cards & tins are done. And, so are my gifts for our family. We have a lot of family that we only see a few times a year...you know the people you know, but not well enough to know what they'd want? And they usually get us stuff from Bath & Body works, nice shirts and dolls for the girls. I try to do things for all of these people so that it's relatively inexpensive, but still nice. Last year, I bought ornaments for them, painted them and put everyone's names on them. Not the most original idea, but original for me. So this year, thanks to the inspiration of Splitcoast, I personalized candles for everyone. I did not know that you could print (from a printer) on tissue paper! I love learning new things like this! How sad is my life? So here is my absolute last holiday offering:



Ok, looking at the picture, I really hope it's my picture taking that's a little crooked and not the candle. Oh well. It's too late now. I mean, doing these candles was was fun. At first. But, by candle #8, I was hatin' life. And these are the ginormous candles, so it's the length of a stamp wheel x 2. And of course, I had to do both sides. Wanna see?



No, you're eyes aren't messin' with you. This one is for Shawn's grandpa & it's a different color. The top one is Elegant Eggplant. I did purple on that one cuz my sister-in-law Dawn is the only female in her house, and I would imagine she's surrounded by guy colors & stuff. So, it has everyone's name's on it, but it's really for her. This one is a blue, even tho you can't really tell. It's actually Night of Navy (for those who know SU! colors), but it just fades on tissue paper. And yes, I realize that my picture taking leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm a stamper, not a photographer. And you get the general idea, right? Good enough, then.

Of course, I couldn't end this without showing you the red one. Ok, it's Purely Pomegranate. I just love how the So Swirly wheel turned out on these candles. And I'm so glad I found out that you can print on tissue paper. Could you imagine if I had to stamp all these names? Gag. You think my picture taking is crooked? Holy cow! These gifts would be waaaay less appealing with jagged names stamped on them. Oh, and I can totally feel your concern coming through my monitor - how you're concerned that people will see their gifts on my blog. Yeah, these people don't read my blog. Wait, lemme think. Yeah, they don't even know I have one. And those that do that read it (don't everybody get excited, cuz chances are you're not getting one) don't get to see theirs. Ha ha. I made myself laugh. Well, now I'm off to create some non-Christmas items. I'm so excited. Later.


Stamps: So Swirly Jumbo Wheel (SU!), Snowflake Serenade (Papertrey), Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Night of Navy, Purely Pomegranate (SU!), Paper: Tissue paper, Accessories: candles (duh), wax paper, heat gun, printer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way, way cool. It is astonishing how this can happen with tissue paper and a heat gun! I know everyone will love them, and even more when they find out you made them! Fabulous job.
Bestest Mom Ever

Eva said...

These candles are FANTASTIC!

Anonymous said...

These candles are BEAUTIFUL!!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates