Friday, April 18, 2008

Back To Basics

Oh, happy Friday everybody! This is my favorite day of the week because it means I get to stop for a minute and rest. I know there's no alarm clock coming tomorrow and I love that. Now, on to the card. Yeah, I totally CASEd this one from Julee over at Poetic Artistry. Yeah, another stolen, er borrowed, idea. I've been stalking her site for quite some time because I find her work amazing. Anywho, there are some obvious differences between our cards, so I really just take an idea and do with it what I can. I think the only thing that's the same with our cards is the flowery thingy. She colored hers with copics and I went waaaay back to one of the first things I started doing with my cards and watercolored mine. I even used watercolor paper for this card just to see if it was any different than regular old paper. I could tell the difference, but only when I was doing the watercoloring. But when you're just looking at it, it looks and feels like textured paper. I did mean to have less of the flowery thingy showing at the bottom, but that's what happens when I'm not using clear stamps. I'm spoiled. If I can't see thru my stamp, my placement is just going to be off. I could have cut my paper after I stamped it, but I was just too lazy to start over. I do want to point out this funny coincidence. There are people who are putting a lot of effort into finding markers & pencils that match the new Papertrey colors of paper, ribbon & ink. When I was using my pencils yesterday to color my flower thingies, I realized that my pencil perfectly matches Papertrey's Sweet Blush. Huh, how 'bout that? Only, I have no idea what color it is. It just says Reeves on it. No name, no number...I don't even know where I got it. I think Michael's, but I'm not 100% on that. Gosh, that sure was helpful. Sorry. I can only give what I've got. Have a fabutastic weekend everybody!

Stamps: Embrace Life (SU!), Simple Little Things (Papertrey), Ink: Sweet Blush (Papertrey), Brilliance Graphite Black, Paper: watercolor (Canson), Sweet Blush (Papertrey), Accessories: Sweet Blush ribbon (Papertrey), watercolor pencils (Reeves), Dew Droplets (Robin's Nest)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww. So soft and pretty!
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

I love the pretty pink. You have been a busy little card maker.

Have a great weekend. Stay inside so you can breath.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the fun craft store day and lunch too. That was way fun. Let's do it again and make sure that Ang can come. She missed out on all our fun. See ya at our happy school. ;)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card is just so gorgeous! I love those soft looking dew drops above the sentiment. Deee-lish! :)

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates