Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday Bot

Hey there! Look at me, I found a set for boys that I can actually work with. Well, to be fair, it works for both boys and girls, and that's even better. For this one, I went back to a very simple layout, so the image is the real focus. Did some very simple coloring of the image and ta daaaaa. While I can sometimes be impressed with myself for my complicated cards, I find the simple ones make me the happiest. Of course, as simple as this one is, I still found myself to be challenged while making it. I just can't seem to line up rubber stamps anymore, cuz I can't see through them. I am so spoiled with my clear stamps that when I get something made out of good ol' rubber, I'm lost. Most of the time it doesn't matter, cuz I stamp images and then cut them out. But when sentiments or, in this case, numbers need to be in a certain spot...let's just say I got really lucky this time. On my second try. Luckily, the first card base wasn't a wasted piece of cardstock. I'll just cut it, flip it over and use the other side. I use a lot of white paper, in case you hadn't noticed! And now I've gotta get busy & use some of that white paper cuz I've got a LOT of birthdays coming up. Have a great Monday everybody.

Stamps: Lots of Bots (SU!), Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Paper: white & black (PTI), Accessories: Copics:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is definitely a different stamp! When reading the sentiment, in my head I heard a robotic voice saying it. Happy. Birthday. Human. Too funny!
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Adorable, as usual. Love the party hat.

Your Favorite Aunt

Rachel said...

Did you know that I love robots? I am a huge geek: secret's out!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates