Thursday, July 16, 2009

Teepee or Not Teepee

Ha! How fun is this one? I'm not sure if you can tell, but I'm feeling a little bit cheeky today. I really wanted to whip up a quick little card, and this set that I was all excited to get was feeling a tad neglected. When I saw this sentiment, I giggled. I thought, how perfect. For what, I'm not sure. Just thought it was perfect. Perfectly cute, maybe? Then I thought, I have to use it, but what would I use it for? Then genius struck. I know. I'll just use it to make a card for my blog and then never actually *use* it. I do know someone who I can give it to, who can then give it to someone else. Yes, she'd use it. There, genius again. Whoooo-eeee, I'm on a roll! So, real quick about the card. I distressed the edges of the white paper, so it would look, well, distressed. Almost like fabric, but not. Then, when I sponged it, I realized that it probably would have looked better if it were on cream paper. Eh. Well, I'm gonna let you in on a secret. Most of the time when I'm making cards, I make it up as I go along. I know, I know. I heard your collective gasp (since all 4 of my readers read my blog at the exact same time). Now, you probably thought, cards this awesomely put together are surely planned out step by step, detail by detail, waaaay ahead of time. Nope. I pretty much wing it. No, really. Gosh, I sincerely hope I haven't ruined any perfect imaginings you may have had of me (it's ok, you're not the first, probably won't be the last). Yes, people, turns out I'm just a regular Joe...ann, like everyone else out there, pounding out card after card. Sorry to have to dash that for you. Now go have some chocolate & feel better.

Stamps: Havin' a Pow Wow (The Cat's Pajamas), Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Versafine Onyx Black, Creamy Caramel (SU!), Paper: Handsome Hunter (SU!), white & kraft (PTI), Accessories: Copics:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got hung up on the title as my brain went shooting off in all kinds of directions and I had to stop and look at the card, which is way cute, by the way. And naw, I'm not surprised at your creative process. I choose a horse to paint because I know the horse or like a photo. Sometimes I have an idea of how I'd like it to turn out, but usually I just go with the flow and the painting kinda evolves on its own. And it rarely turns out the way I first thought it would. Here's to creativity!
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I like the distressed edges, kind-a rustic? Anyway, I can't remember the last time I ever saw a tee-pee in a card...so it's original! Love the creative mind, wish I had one.

Your Favorite Aunt

Stephanie said...

you have got some cute cards going on.

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates