Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Happy Couple


Sorry.  I've been sitting on this card for almost 2 weeks.  I've been crazy busy and haven't had the time to post anything.  And when I have had the time, I just couldn't think of anything to write.  So, no, I still don't have anything earth shattering to write about, but I'm putting up something new for you to look at.  I know how frustrating coming to a blog that you love can be (oh, how I flatter myself!) and there's the same picture you've been looking at for forever!  One of my favorite blogs sat untouched for, like, 4 months.  But I kept coming backing, hoping she'd make another masterpiece.  And she did.  Totally worth the wait.  And then you come to mine and you get this.  It's a wedding card (duh!) for Shawn's cousin.  She got married last month and this is my "Congratulations on your nuptials, sorry we had to miss it cuz of Shawn" card.  We got the invitation for this wedding months ago.  So all summer I would tell him to call his cousin and let her know that we weren't not RSVPing to be rude, but we weren't sure about the date.  I was just positive that Darien was going to have a volleyball tournament the day of the wedding, but we wouldn't know until school started.  Well, then right before school started (in the middle of tryouts, actually) she decided not to play this year.  So by the time we figured this out, the date to RSVP had passed.  And I still told him to call her and he never did.  Lesson learned: don't let Shawn be in charge of anything. Ever.  Oh, and the team did have a tournament out of town that weekend.  Fabulous.  And I just want to point out something on the card. It was really hard to get a good picture, but the background is embossed with flourishes, just to make it fancy.  Hopefully if you click on it, you can see the detail. Thanks for not giving up on me & stopping by! 

Stamps: Fairy Tales (Verve), Fancy Flourishes & Vintage Labels (PTI), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Paper: white & black (PTI), Accessories: Nestabilities, clear embossing powder & Mike's ribbon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning card and I can see the flourishes; actually, I thought my eyes were blurry at first, duh. To give Shawn credit, he is VERY into family -- the four girls he lives with anyway. I imagine it is sometimes difficult to focus on the rest of his very large family. And see? Volleyball would have sabatoged that event anyway! I'm sure they loved the beautiful card.
Bestest Mom Ever

Susan Raihala said...

Oh, so lovely!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I didn't see the flourishes until I clicked on it, but then I really could see them...and oh, so pretty!

Your Favorite Aunt

P.S. And, yes, I was getting nervous not seeing a new blog from my Favorite Niece!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates