Thursday, October 8, 2009

Rough Draft


Ok, first things first. I know, where the heck have I been?  Well, I've had this "rough draft" of my Christmas cards done for a while, but all 3 girls got the flu at the same time and it has been just madness around here.  Darien is the only one who's been to school all week.  Well, Krista did give it the ol' college try on Tuesday, only to realize her mistake around 2nd period, when she called me from the office to come & pick her up.  She is improving, she just didn't allow for that recovery time.  Tiara is not doing as well.  She's way behind her sisters and I am just amazed at how long it's taking her to feel better.  I guess it's the standard amount of time for the flu, but in comparison to her sisters, it's an eternity. Poor baby.

Alrighty, on to the card.  I just want to warn you.  This is my first version, which I did last week some time.  I have maybe, 3 other "new & improved" versions of pretty much the same card that I'll have to show you when I get them put together and can get a good (well...good for me) picture.  But none of the other ones look just like this.  This is a one of a kind. Not really crazy about it. Once I took the time to think about how to make it better, and me happy, the card just kinda took off.  So I'll get those up as soon as they're ready.

Stamps: Stocking Prints (PTI), Ink: Ocean Tides, Enchanted Evening, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Smokey Shadow & Scarlet Jewel (PTI), Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: Kraft & Vintage Cream (PTI), Always Artichoke (SU!), Accessories: Fiskars border punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very different for you, indeed! Warm and cozy was my first impression. And how much fun is it to have three sick kids! Makes me almost glad to be at work -- almost...
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Love the different prints and colors. Makes you smile right away.

Hope things get back to normal around there soon.

Your Favorite Aunt

Ang said...

I like this. The colors go great together and Kraft has become one of my favorites to use.
So this is not the final ... are you going to keep that a secret till after Christmas?
I think the rough draft is a great "final".

Ang said...

I forgot to mention .. I really like the new layout on your blog.. Nice :o)

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates