Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Brenda



It's raining here. I love the rain. I'm one of those strange people that find it relaxing and pretty. It just seems to calm everything down. My favorite thing is to be up high, in a really tall building, just watching it come down. San Francisco is good for that, but I don't often find myself in skycrapers in the city when it's raining.  So I'm left to just enjoy it at home, which is actually still pretty nice.  I don't even mind driving in it. It's just the other drivers who either go waaay to slow (yes, that's possible, even in the rain) or treat the streets like the autobahn, that make me insane.  It's supposed to rain all week here, which will have tons of people grumbling, wanting some sun and wanting it now. And then there's perky me (not a word I use to describe myself all that much) piping in to say, "Ooh! I love the rain!"  That's usually followed by silence and somebody making a face that says 'what is wrong with you?'  Eh, I'm tough, I can take it.  Hey, the rain is coming down and that makes me happy. 

Speaking of happy, I have to say Happy Birthday to my Aunt Brenda. Her birthday was on Friday, but I couldn't post her card until I knew she had it.  She got it, she loves it and now I can move on. phew!

Stamps: Turning a New Leaf (PTI), Beautiful Kindness (Verve), Ink: Ripe Avocado & Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Paper: Rustic white, Ripe Avocado & Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Accessories: Raspberry Fizz ribbon (PTI)


4 comments:

Joan B said...

beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Great card! Very soothing. Remember watching rain storms (real Michigan ones with lots of lightening and thunder) from Lafayette Towers? Loved it! And miss it. Next home: a highrise in SF. Already planning it.
Happy Birthday Again, Brenda! Glad you had a good one.
Bestest Mom/Sister Ever

Rachel said...

Yes, beautiful. This card is very ME. *ahem* I'm just sayin'....

almost February....

Love, me

Anonymous said...

This was a beautiful card! I smiled big time when I opened the envelope. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates