Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thanks Mom


First, I have to say the spacing on this card makes me nuts. I would've liked the sentiment to be closer to the image, and maybe moved over a little bit more. But sometimes I don't notice things until it's too late and there was no way I was coloring that image over again.  It took me forever. Phew!  Ok, I hate to start a post whining about the negative, but it always feels so  good to get things off my chest. This blog is like therapy. Well, except the blog is free and I don't have some overly serious person looking at me with one eyebrow raised asking themselves where this girl came from and are there enough meds on the planet? Although, saying things like that probably doesn't help with the image.  Am I right?  Anyway, this is the thank you card I made for my mom when I got tired of making the other ones. I got bored, so I thought I'd switch it up a little.  For my birthday, she put together this really cool cook book of family recipes (mainly hers, tho) that I grew up on.  I love it and I thanked her by not cooking for her *shudder* and by making her this card. Thanks mom!

Stamps: Women of Life (PTI), Image: GGK Flowers (Nina Brackett), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: PTI white, Cool Caribbean (SU!), Accessories: Copics~


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, by not cooking for me? Hey, now you've got all the family secrets, you can cook for me all the time. Ha ha, I crack myself up. Which reminds me, I made Hoisin chicken this week, so can now add it.
This is definitely one of my favorite cards and yes, even Kaleb noticed this must have been a lot of work. Love all the amazing coloring, and are these cheerful flowers or what? The large pink flower, in particular, reminds me of those design books we used to get and spend hours coloring in each of the little shapes. Remember those?
Thanks for the great card!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful card, Mint! Love all the colors. And, Dee...I remember those coloring books, and was looking for them just about a week ago. Guess they don't make them anymore. Anyway, I can see it was a lot of work to color those flowers, and you did a great job! Now I hope I get some of those recipes...

Your Favorite Aunt

Rachel said...

Those flowers are just perfect- I love the coloring.

And did you say recipes...? I'm still making her hot sauce, you know...

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates