Saturday, April 3, 2010

Many Thanks


Yep, it's that time of year again.  It's time for the MS Walk and I'm excited.  This will be the first year that we have someone on our team that has MS besides little ol' me.  A friend of ours that works with Shawn, who was diagnosed years before I was, will be joining us this year.  And following my tradition, I've made thank you cards for all the people who donate to the walk.  I think it's awesome when people are actually able to do it.  I'm always super grateful and feel genuinely lucky to have so much support.


Also tradition with me - variety. I get bored doing the same thing over & over. I like seeing what the same thing looks like in different colors. I also buy clothes like this. If I see something I like, and it actually looks good on me, I'll buy 2 different colors.  I hate clothes shopping and this is just a time saver for me.  Plus, I'm notoriously lazy.


And of course, we have to have the guy version. My father-in-law donates every year and I can't go sending him flowery cards. Well, I can, but that would be silly when I have a perfectly good "guy enough" card to send his way.  Plus, I have a couple of guys donating this year and the design switched over easily enough, so there ya have it. Another year of thanks taken care of.

Stamps: Fillable Frames #2, Turning a New Leaf & Life (PTI), single flower (Inkadinkado), Ink: Hibiscus Burst, Plum Pudding, Spring Moss & Ripe Avocado (PTI), Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: PTI white, Accessories: Fillable Frames #2 die


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. The pink starts out very delicate, then the wildflowers in purple are a little more "there," and then the guy leaves make a bigger statement. And it's amazing how Team Mint grows each year! Always hoping for a cure!
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, Mint. I'm sorry I can't help this year. Money is extremely tight for us, but you are in my prayers.

Your Favorite Aunt

Susan Raihala said...

Walk strong, Mint! These thank you cards are wonderful!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates