Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mmm, Cupcake!


I looooove cupcakes. I don't eat them too often, cuz, you know, they're not good for you & all that junk. But they are just so nice and enjoyable to put into my mouth.  You know it's gonna be a good one when you have a hard time fitting the tippy top of the icing down to the bottom of the 'cake all in one bite.  And turns out, I'm picky. Chocolate cupcake. Vanilla cupcake. I'm good. But now, there's more wild & exotic flavors.  You get into those fancy, gourmet flavors and I start to get nervous.  Why must we mess with what's already workin'?  Banana? Raspberry? Peanut butter?  Ohhh, they just sound wrong for a cupcake.  But that's me. And don't get me started on icing! I prefer buttercream (hey, if you're gonna do it, do it right!), but if forced, I will eat a cream cheese or whipped frosting. You know, if you're gonna twist my arm...I am starting to venture out, tho. Here in the San Francisco Bay Area, we do have quite the variety of food.  And I'm on a quest for the best cupcake in the Bay. (ok, not in any official capacity, but it sounds more legitimate when phrased that way, right?)  I've got some places that I've mentioned to my husband, so when he's at work, I say, "Hey, if you happen to pass...could you pick me up...?"  Oh, sure, I can stick a label on it & say I'm doing research (for what? i have no idea) or something, but let's be real. I just want a good cupcake every once in a while to make me happy. And if I'm happy, everyone else in the house stands a better chance at being happy too.

Stamps: Cupcake Collection & Vintage Labels (PTI), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Paper: white & Lemon Tart (PTI), Accessories: Prisma glitter, Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon (PTI), Copics~ RV21, RV23, Y00, Y21


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize the sprinkles on top were hearts until I clicked to make the image larger. What a surprise. I mean, I saw them, noticed that a couple in the front seemed to be heart-ish, but didn't give it much thought. I definitely believe in eating dessert first -- who knows what could happen between the meal and dessert and you never get to the dessert?
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!! No dessert is cuter than a cupcake.

Your Favorite Aunt

Anonymous said...

This is like the cutest card ive ever seen you did a wonderful job

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates