Friday, September 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Darien

Yesterday was so long and crazy, and I was so pooped by the end of the day that I didn't even get a chance to post Darien's card. Nothing exciting, tho, so I won't bore you with the details. But anyways, here it is. And it seemed like she really liked this one. She's been really hard to make cards for lately, because she sees all the cards that I make. I run everything by her when I'm done to see what she thinks. Maybe I should stop doing that. She has a tendency to compare the cards that she gets to all the other cards that I make. When she saw this one, she said something like, "Wow, this is actually a really pretty card, mom." Um......thank you? Does the actually part mean she was surprised by this? Hmmmm. Whatever. I'll take what I can get from my kids. But she had a great birthday, really made out in the gift department, and topped it all off with some really good cake. Ok, that last one was my favorite part, but it couldn't go without mentioning.

Since I can't really put this part in the card recipe, (well, technically I can, since it's my blog, right?) I'll just put it here. I'm not sure if you can even tell, but there are little rhinestones on the big pink blossom with the sentiment. There are clear ones, 2 purple ones & a pink one on there. Well, in case anyone cares, they came out of a nail decorating kit, but I have no idea who makes it. When I saw the kit, I knew it would be perfect for my cards. Yes, inspiration really can come from anywhere.

Stamps: Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink), Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Pale Plum, Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace (all SU!), Paper: Papertrey white, Lavender Lace & Elegant Eggplant (SU!), Accessories: Marvy punches, rhinestones

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing I saw were the rhinestones. And I agree with Darien in that this card is really, really pretty. Don't need the "actually" which is the most overused word today; people actually don't even know they say it every other word! But I actually love the card.
Bestest Mom Ever

Sharon in NE said...

Great idea using the rhinestones from the nail kit! Very creative.

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates