Monday, September 24, 2007

I Love Mondays. Not!


Let's really try to appreciate this card, shall we? This is the best I could do after being sick all weekend. Yes, in bed sick. But, just so I wouldn't be lonely, Krista was right there with me. Oh, you haven't lived until you've experienced Krista being sick. She's almost 10, and still, everytime she gets sick, she's dying. She hates to blow her nose, so she carries around a hand towel, holding it to her nose. She's always done this. Everyone thinks it's hilarious and they even call her Wilson, cuz of the guy on Home Improvement. You know, you could never see his face? Yeah, that's her. Our own little Wilson. And if you know her and you're reading this, mention it and you're out of the will. But she moans and she groans and is just all around pitiful. And we love her for it. But, miraculously, we were both well enough today to go back to our normal lives. That was super great for her, cuz she hates to miss school. Phew. So, today I go back to my routine, a little grocery shopping, cleaning the house since I was out of commission all weekend, and then a little "me time". An hour before "me time" is over, the school calls. I hate when the school calls. I wonder which child it is this time. Ah, yes, Tiara. Seems she tripped and scraped her hand. See, you should know that anytime Tia can get out of school (polar opposite of Krista, btw), she will. 'Ooh, a hangnail? I think I need to go home.' She actually left school once because part of her gum was hanging in her mouth. Don't ask me how this even happened, but she was talking without closing her mouth, so the gum wouldn't touch her mouth. It was a little creepy. Ok, it was very creepy. I thought about telling her just not to talk for the rest of the day, but again, if you know Tia, that's really like asking for the moon. Yeah, I'm a sucker. But it was pretty gross. We had to take her to the dentist, and even she was baffled. Yeah, it's just my kids, people. So, today...the scrape. The school secretary was telling me that she was ok, but there was blood. So, I asked how hysterical she was, since I couldn't hear her in the background. Well, it did take her a while to calm down, but she's fine and she's gone back to class. I'm sorry, wha? She doesn't want her mommy? After being sort of let down for half a second came, Woohoo! I couldn't believe it. Don't get me wrong. I was concerned, but shocked at the same time. So, just in case you're not grossed out enough, when I saw her hand after school, it was a nasty little gash. Blecchhh. I'm not one of those moms that handles that stuff well, so I cleaned it the best I could and told her Daddy would take a better look when he got home. Yeah, good luck keeping that thing clean. Hey, people, it's only Monday! Have a nice week.

Stamps: Paper tray, Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink), Ink: Cool Caribbean (SU!), Paper: Basic Black, Cool Caribbean (SU!), Papertrey white, Accessories: Marvy Oval Punches, Word Window punch (SU!), Making Memories eyelet, white gel pen

No comments:

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates