Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Class of 2009

Ok, here is the graduation card that I sent out this year. My first graduation card (I think), and yet, it seemed like everyone was graduating all at once! I sent out a whopping 5 cards to people all over the place by the time I was done. My sister Ashley is graduating from high school today in Las Vegas, and I am so very proud of her. She was at my high school graduation in 1990, but she was in my stepmom's tummy. Ack! Doesn't make me feel old at all. My niece Tomika graduated this week and is now off to start a new life in North Dakota. Yeah, she isn't the biggest fan of winters, so let's all wish her mucho luck with that one. My cousin Jordan is graduating from high school (also today) in Michigan, and I believe he's going to go to school pretty close to home. Am I remembering that right? {aunt brenda, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong} Shawn's godson Eugene (yeah, he's that old! teehee) graduated in San Francisco last week. Let me tell you, his momma did a good job with that one! And finally, Darien's good friend from ballet, Rebekah, graduates (also!) today. Congratulations Rebekah! And there you have it. A whole bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with me, but is quite exciting, nonetheless. I love graduation. It's a fresh start. It's the end of a really big part of your life, but a whole new beginning of everything else still to come. Good luck to all you graduates out there!

Stamps: Graduation set (Michael's), Scattered Showers & Ambassador Monogram Edition (sentiment & 2009, PTI), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Paper: Smokey Shadow & white (PTI), Going Gray & Basic Black (SU!), Accessories: Nestabilities, clear embossing powder, silver flat back pearl thingies (& pearls for the girls), Copics:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like those pearl thingies. Really jazzes it up. And you think Ashley's not even being born at your graduation makes YOU feel old? Congrats to all the grads!
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jordan's going to U of M-Dearborn, so he's staying home...saving a little on room-and-board. He got his card the other day and was really impressed...it's his school colors!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates