Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom



Alrighty. My last birthday for November.  And because I'm such a last minute girl (i know, you're shocked!), I really struggled with this one.  {I think I say that every time.}  The problem this time was that I knew I had all these birthdays coming up and did them one by one, as they came.  Well, I also knew that we were going out of town on her birthday, and did I hurry and get them all done in plenty of time so that I wouldn't have to rush last minute? No, of course not.  So I finished all of my other cards and left my mom's for last, cuz, her birthday was the last one for the month.  This is where it gets really sad.  I truly did not feel I had an image for her card that was just right, so I went looking at Mo's (yeah, i spend a lot of time there).  Now, at first, I'm sure you'd think, uh, isn't that image for little girls?  But I saw the potential for bright colors.  And if there's one thing my mom likes, it's bright colors!  Don't believe me?  Check out our family picture below.


Don't be mad, mom! It's a great picture.

Notice how we all kind of blend together? This was total coincidence, by the way.  And then, there's my mom.  Bright red dress with bright red shoes.  Yep, I think I made the right call filling her card with lots of bright colors.  FYI, we went on a cruise and took my (prone to seasickness) mom for her very first cruising adventure and she didn't chuck once! Way to go mom!  So, all in all, I'm gonna have to say it was a very successful birthday. Happy Birthday, Mom!

Stamps: Fancy Flourishes (PTI), Birthday Surprise (Verve), Image: Sugar (Mo's Digital Pencil Too), Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Pink Pirouette & Pale Plum (SU!), Paper: Bermuda Bay (SU!), PTI white, Accessories: Nestabilities, Copics:




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! Everyone looks fantastic, yes, Dee...even you! Looks like you all had a great time.
The card is just adorable, by the way. Love all the colorful cupcakes and the little fairy is so sweet.

Your Favorite Aunt

Anonymous said...

It was a fantastically magical birthday -- not only my first cruise, which was a blast, but four whole days with my grandkids and their amazing parents. And yes, of course I love the card -- the image and the tons of bright colors! I also love the card Tiara made all by herself in my favorite bright color -- red. Best birthday ever -- thanks!!
Bestest Mom Ever

Ang said...

Dee- I love your bright dress and shoes :o)
Love the card,too. Mint * You know me.. I love bright, also.
I didn't see that image on Mo's. Hmm I best go back to take another look.. lol.

Stephanie said...

I still think you should sell your cards. they are so fab. I would love to buy some off of you to use as gifts.

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates