Sunday, July 13, 2008

Button, Button...

Who's got the button? Isn't that how it goes? I'm so tired right now, I'm not even sure where that came from in my brain. I was looking at the card trying to come up with a title for this post and that just popped into my head. We had Tia's birthday party today, and as low-key and tame as it was, it still took a lot out of me. I'm just not one of those birthday moms. Gee, wonder where I got that? Anyway, if you know me, you know that this little tiny event semi-stressed me out. Hey, I've gotten waaaaay better when it comes to things like this, so it wasn't so much stressing me out as it was wearing me out. So, did you know Build-A-Bear had this online community and you can register your friend/pet/animal thing and do stuff? Man, I had no idea. A lot has happened in a year. And, yeah, we did do this just last year for her birthday. She's not the most imaginative child. In fact, I think my first or second post ever was about Tia's birthday party last year. I'm sure it was riveting stuff and I believe it mentioned how cake was a little slice of heaven on earth or something along those lines. Well, I didn't even have any today, and it was a Tinkerbell cake!

And I would just like to point out to those doubting Thomasinas (you know who you are!) that this is indeed the one and the same card with the little smudgie-pooh on it that I tried to cover up with an eraser, paper piercer and white pen. (Go ahead, click on it. You can still see it.) So there. I did not toss it and redo it like you thought I would. I am not that picky and I have grown some in my card making. Yeah, sure, the card I pulled out of the garbage and showed you just went in there Friday night, but still. This is growth. Baby steps, people. Alright, I'm just really tired and didn't really care enough to do it over. But I won't do it over and I'm ok with that. Really. Ok, why are you laughing?

Stamps: Women of Life, Birthday Basics and Wedding Day (Papertrey), Ink: Lavender Lace, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery (SU!), Aqua Mist (Papertrey), Onyx Versafine, Paper: Papertrey white, Pretty in Pink (SU!), Accessories: Certainly Celery ribbon (SU!), Buttons (Doodlebug)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you take all the fun out of everything, you birthday mom, you. And hey, the little girls seemed to really like their monkeys and kitty (how come no one ever gets a bear?), had a blast in the pool - twice - and their parents were no doubt thankful that their kids probably went to bed at 8 pm. Oh yeah, and I really like this cute little card. It also reminds me of lollipops, for some reason.
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

I love all the cards. I have been gone. It was nice to come back to so many cards.

Becky said...

Oh Mint, it has been awhile since I have visited your blog and I can definitely see I have missed soooo much! I love this card. The clean-ness and simplicity makes it astounding! GORGEOUS!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates