Saturday, July 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Wyatt

Boy do I struggle with the guys. But I have to say, this one just kinda came to me. I think it's easier to make cards for younger boys cuz it can still be cute. It's the manly/masculine aspect of it that I just have the hardest time with. But the biggest dilemma I had here was which colors to use. See, when I plan far enough ahead of time, things tend to work out. I knew that Wyatt's birthday was coming up, and I thought this stamp would be perfect for him. But I had to order it well in advance since this is a Bella Stamp, which means it comes all the way from Canada. Then once I had it, I stamped it and stared at it for a couple of days until I figured out what to do with it. And here we are. Oh! And this is Pacific Point cardstock. That probably isn't the color you thought I was gonna use next, is it? See, I'm full of surprises. Ok, not really, but it sounded good.

Stamps: Little Johnny Depster (Stamping Bella), Birthday Basics (Papertrey), Canvas Backgrounder (CHF), Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Close to Cocoa (SU!), Paper: Papertrey white, Pacific Point & Close to Cocoa (SU!), Accessories: Trusty ol' Copics


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These colors certainly worked well. And such a cute little Johnny! A perfect boy card.
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

i love the colors. brown is my fav color. when do you find time to do all these fun cards??

Anonymous said...

This is an adorable "boy card". So darn cute!

Your Favorite Aunt

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize his name is "Johnny Depster"! How cute is that!!!!

Your Favorite Aunt (again)

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates