Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Tiara


Ok, so today is my baby's 9th birthday. I cannot believe that she's 9 already. It really does fly by. So, her card. Yeah, this was such a struggle. Remember when I said that as soon as I got a card made, I'd let you people know? Yeah, be glad you didn't see the first draft. I liked it, but then I didn't really. I actually pulled this button off of her other card to use on this one. I don't know why I struggle so much to make cards for my own girls, but I do. And the blue thing. Her favorite color is light blue. Well! Really? Not brown or pink or even green, colors I'm good at using. Nope. Blue. And then I couldn't think of a single color that goes with blue. Who can't think of a color that goes with blue? That's right folks, me. And then the card, with the blue, had to be girly. Ack! So here is a simple, light blue card for my baby girl. Phew. And apparently, that's what was blocking my mojo, cuz I made a card after this one that I actually like. Yeah, yeah. Have a little patience. I can't be rollin' out all my stuff at once. Then you could be going weeks without something new to look at.

Stamps: swirl (Heidi Grace), Birthday Basics (Papertrey), Priceless & Looks Like Spring (SU!), Ink: Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue (Tsukineko), Paper: Papertrey white, Bashful Blue & Basic Black (SU!), Accessories: butterfly punch (Martha Stewart), Scor-Pal, button (Doodlebug), Baby Blue Stickles (Ranger)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stunning. One of your best! The little designs on the butterflies, the placement of everything, the color ... Truly a work of art!
Bestest Mom Ever

Dana said...

Love the card. I made Tia's card yesterday - I asked Kayla what her favorite colors were and she said blue and green. Tell Tia Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

I think this is my favorite one by far! Wow!!! It is great, Mint!!!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates