Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Cayden

Hey, kids. Alrighty, first I want to say really enjoy this card. I haven't posted in a few days (ok, so that's my normal pattern, but still) because this was the last card that I made. Almost a week ago. It would seem that I have misplaced my mojo and I haven't been able to crank out a single card. Nope, not even any stinkers. Nothing, zero, el zilcho. And I have had people request ever so politely that I post more frequently *coughcoughDanacough*, but it's hard to post what you ain't got. And I had this, but I certainly couldn't post it before I gave it to Cayden. Ok, so she's 8 and no she doesn't read my blog, but her mom is a big, nay HUGE, fan - ok, hang on, I'm cracking myself up here...k, I'm good - and I didn't want to ruin it for her. Anyway, the point is, as soon as I get something made - anything - you'll be the first to know.

Ok, now. Yes, that adorable Lily strikes again. I thought she'd be just perfect for my card for Cayden. The thought of flowers falling from the sky just seemed so happy, so I went for it. Of course, being the weirdo freakazoid that I am, it took me oodles of flower combinations to get just the right mix of flowers. I don't know what's wrong with me. They're just flowers. Anyway, I love the colors used here, which is funny, cuz I am so not a fan of yellow. But I had heard that Papertrey's Lemon Tart was "just the right" yellow. Those darn enablers. Then I thought, hmmm, you never know when you might need a yellow. Like my life wouldn't go on if I didn't have a yellow. So sad. So here we are, with pink, yellow and orange (?!) flowers, with yellow ribbon and yellow paper. Look ma, I'm growing!

Stamps: Boxes, Bags & Tags and Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey), Baroque Motifs (SU!), Sentiment & Lily (Pink Cat Studio), Ink: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart (Papertrey), Brilliance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Paper: White, Berry Sorbet & Lemon Tart (Papertrey), Accessories: Copics, Stickles, scallop punch (Marvy), circle punches (SU!), Lemon Tart ribbon (Papertrey)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely different colors for you! This is so obviously a little girl card. Cute cute cute!
Bestest Mom Ever

Melissa said...

What an adorable card, great job!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww. Too cute!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates