Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

Hmmm. I thought about not posting this until the day after her birthday, but that thought only just came to me and I already promised to do it today. But I did announce that I was doing it, so if someone peeks on here & sees their card before it's in their hot little hands this afternoon, well, they can't say they weren't warned. Plus, that's what I do. I post ON people's birthdays, cuz it's my blog and those are my rules! I am, however, keeping what goes with it to myself until later, so there! *sigh* All this for someone who tries to keep her birthday under wraps like it's no big deal. Well, I'm here to say that turning 60 is not only a big deal, but quite an accomplishment. And, on top of that, you've got a kick ass daughter (ha!), a brilliant, if not slightly socially stunted, son and the most amazing granddaughters on the planet. You've lived all over the place, married a Platter {<---if you clicky, he's the 2nd from the left. isn't he cute?!} (k, so he wasn't a Platter until later, but still!), were once a tv reporter and a dj (!), fell off of a pregnant horse while you were pregnant, and got landed on by said horse (ow!), went through natural childbirth twice with NO drugs (wow! and why?), saw your daughter in the emergency room as a child more times than anyone should and never needed to be committed to the loony bin (sorry 'bout that, but the dog was NOT my fault!) and can parallel park in a teeny spot, on a hill, in the rain, on the left side of the street in San Francisco like nobody's business! Sure, there's lots more, but I don't wanna embarrass you. So there ya have it. Be proud & say it loud. It's your birthday! Happy Birthday, mom.

Just a quick note about the card. It's Riding Hood Red and it's more brown than the picture shows. And the red I colored the cake stands matches it exactly IRL. For those who need to know these things (like me!), I found that you can make Riding Hood Red with Copics by using the colors R59 + E25. Now, back to your regularly scheduled supply list.

Stamps: You Say It's Your Birthday & Smells Like Cake (The Cat's Pajamas), Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Versafine Onyx Black, Creamy Caramel & Riding Hood Red, Paper: Papertrey white, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel & Riding Hood Red (SU!), Accessories: Cuttlebug folder, 1" punch, Nestabilities, Stickles, Doodlebug brads, Copics: E13, E15, E25, R29, R59, YR09



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta love having a kick ass daughter, not to mention her being a smart ass at times. And that parking in SF thing? You forgot to mention all that is in a stick shift car, sometimes in cars that had no power steering. So there. Hey, if you see a spot within 6 blocks of where you want to be, in SF you make it work. And my kick ass daughter didn't drive until she was 25 and my 25 year old brilliant son still doesn't. What is wrong with this picture? Yeah, I'm 60. Big deal. But I do love the card. Lots of my favorite color!
Bestest Mom Ever

Stephanie said...

you are outdoing yourself.

Anonymous said...

Terrific card! Love the color!
Your mom has survived so much, and yet, she still can make one sister feel life doesn't have to be a drag. Your mom makes me smile every time I talk to her.

Happy birthday, sis! I miss you!!!

Your Favorite Aunt

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates