Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ornament Tins



Now I'm really done. This was my last Christmas project I had to finish. This is what our family is getting. While it's not spectacular or sexy, I had a LOT to make. And people love stuff with their name on it. Trust me. I've never in my life walked into a place and found something that said "Mentoria" on it. It can be quite the bummer. Anyway, this project actually didn't take me all that long. No, really. Someone, probably on Splitcoast, had mentioned this and I thought, 'wow, sounds much more impressive than those acetate ornaments I was gonna do!' Plus, I couldn't find acetate/transparencies that weren't ridiculously priced. And, my sample was kinda lame looking. So, since I have *some* experience with tins, I thought this would be perfect.

These are regular little tins I found in the wedding aisle at Walmart. I printed everyone's names using my computer then punched them out with the blue (super jumbo?) scalloped punch. I stamped various snowflakes on them, then sponged the outside with a coordinating color. Added a little rhinestone in the center of the biggest snowflake and Stickles on the smaller ones. The labels on the outside of the tin were cut first, stamped, slapped on the tins and glitterfied with more Stickles. Can you have too much Stickles? I say no. Punched a hole with my handy dandy crop-a-dile and looped the ribbon through. I had to use my Terrifically Tacky Tape to get the scallops to stick to the lids. I just stuck half of a strip on the back of the paper & the other half stuck to the lid. Can't even see it! It's like magic. Ooooh aaaah. The names were initially further back in the tin, but that was such a hassle (I'm sure there's a really easy way, but it never came to me!) and it just wasn't working. And that's it. Easy peasy. Sounds harder & much more complicated than it really was. And the most important part? I'm done. Here's a picture of almost all of them. I didn't want some to be seen (even underneath, people might see something they're not supposed to). And I didn't photograph the ones that will be staying in our house, cuz they're supposed to be a surprise, so they're hidden away. So this is 35 of just over 40. Phew!




Stamps: Holiday Treats & Snowflake Serenade (PTI), Ink: Pure Plum, Pale Plum, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose (SU!), Pure Poppy (PTI), Prussian Blue (Palette), Paper: PTI white, Avery lables, Accessories: Walmart tins, Michael's blue, white, red, pink & silver ribbon, Lavender Moon ribbon (PTI), rhinestones, Star Dust Stickles & my lovely desk!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

40? OMG. You ARE a production line. Whew! Ya know what popped into my head when I saw them all together? You know those AT&T cell phone commercials with the mom and her boys and the "left over minutes?" These "minutes" are much more attractive, of course, but ... Crack me up. Anyway, great idea. Everyone will love seeing their name looking so gorgeous!
Bestest Mom Ever

Dana said...

They are wonderful - I am still trying to work on my Christmas cards - maybe next year I will be able to be more creative. As always you inspire me.

Anonymous said...

Truly adorable. 40? Wow, you truly do stick to a project once you get started. Wish I could do that. So, one of the most tedious jobs of the holidays is done! WooHoo!!!!!

Your Favorite Aunt

Stephanie said...

I love them, so cute.

Junie said...

I came across your blog by chance, and I love your work, I will signing up for your blog !!!

Anonymous said...

From the non-crafy friend...you simply AMAZE me!!! I aspire to be like you in my next life!!! I have yet to figure out what I am getting anyone...sigh... Keep up the great work Mint...and then relax when you are done!!!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates