Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Shawn & Krista




K, I'm squeezing this post in between laundry, making dinner and getting things ready for tomorrow. 2 birthdays, picking up a cake for home, cupcakes for school, Nichole's release tonight(!), Tia's field trip (mental note: gotta make a bag lunch) and remembering to actually say "Happy Birthday" to my loves, because I've got a slightly faulty memory. I make post-its to remind myself of daily things, but should I really have to write a note reminding myself that it's my daughter & husband's birthday? Gee, I hope not. Tho, I'd probably lose the post-it. I'm famous for losing my reminders. I'm the one who was packing for the cruise and couldn't for the life of me remember what I did with the passports I just had in my hand. Yeah, I packed 'em. I guess enough time has passed so we can laugh at that one now. Phew!


So, I'm just pleased as punch (hmmm, I don't really say that in real life, not sure where it came from) that I actually got Shawn's card made. It was such a challenge, being a guy card & all. Plus, I had just done a bunch of guy cards & green was so overused. I'm really satisfied with this card. I'm always afraid they're gonna think I put more effort into other people's cards than my own family's. So, it had to look like I put some thought into it and that it was made with love. awwwww. It might not look like effort, but I struggled. Really. No, really. Anyways, I hope Krista's makes her smile:



Her favorite color is green, but I was really feeling soft sky, and sometimes it's just more about me. Well, not really about me, but I wasn't feeling inspired by any kind of green at that moment. And it's really a fine line with her, cuz she's not into girly stuff, so I thought the black would balance some of that out. Ok, I used a flower, but she's my baby! My 10 year old baby. I won't get into how old Shawn is. But let the record show, he's older than I am. Ha! Happy Birthday Shawn & Krista. Hope it's a good one for you 2.

Stamps for Shawn: Rubber Stampede, Ink: Colorbox black pigment, Paper: River Rock, Basic Black, Le Jardin DSP (SU!), Accessories: black ribbon (Michael's), paper piercer

Stamps for Krista: Katie & Co., Looks Like Spring (SU!), Borders & Corners Square (Papertrey), Ink: Basic Black, Cool Caribbean (SU!), Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Sky CS, Soft Sky DSP (SU!), Accessories: ribbon (Michael's), Jumbo Pebble Brads (Making Memories)




1 comment:

Coach Prentice said...

"sometimes it's just more about me" Bwahahahaha! That cracked me up! Isn't that the truth! And I hear ya on the temporary memory lapses. I swear, with each pregnancy and delivery some of my brain cells slipped out with the baby :)

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates