Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Mom



Well, first off, I've gotta say Happy Birthday (a day late) to my baby sister, Ashley. She turned 17 yesterday and I miss her terribly. I hope she had a fantabulous day! On a more serious note, the state of Nevada thought it was a good idea to give her a driver's license, so when in Vegas, watch your step, people. Just sayin'.


K, now to my mom. If you know my mom, this card is so her. First off, there is no other color you can use to describe her besides red. It is bold and very hard to ignore. Much like my mom. She appreciates clean lines and elegance. And like this card, she is one of a kind. Of course, this was the second card I made for her. Uh, the other one was soft & pink. (Worth noting: it also uses the new Spiral Bouquet!) When the girls saw it and heard it was for her, they laughed at me. Well, Krista swears she thought grandma would like it, but I don't remember that. I was pretty sure she'd like it, because it was also elegant, but they were convinced otherwise. Fine. So, here it is. BTW, she liked them both. Ha!



(top) Stamps: Heidi Grace, katie & co., Ink: Palette noir, Real Red (SU!), Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black (SU!), Accessories: Designer label punch (SU!), primas, Mike's red ribbon, Making Memories brads, round corner punch, red squeezy bottle paint (come on, you know what I'm talking about!)

(bottom) Stamps: Spiral Bouquet (Papertrey), Ink: Silver pigment (Colorbox), Pretty in Pink (SU!), Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink (SU!), silver (?), Accessories: Iridescent Ice EP (SU!), Mike's pink ribbon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elegant, bold, hard to ignore. Hmmmm. I do love love love the card, I must say, and so glad I have the original! All the work that went into it, with the soft red inside edges, the transparent red ribbon, the hand-painted red dots, the elegant swirls and flower. It is gorgeous. Thanks so much! And for the record, yes, I also loved the soft pink and silver card.
Bestest Mom Ever

Anonymous said...

I, too, loved the card. They both were beautiful, but, yes, the red one was definitely your mom!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates