Sunday, August 12, 2007

I Love Papertrey!

Ok, it's almost the 15th of the month, and that means a new release from Papertrey Ink. And I have to say that I stalk that site starting on the 10th of every month, because that Nichole is a marketing genius. In case you're not familiar, Papertrey Ink is a site that sells stamps, and now lots of other crafty things, as well. It's relatively new, but growing super fast. And one of the founders, Nichole Heady, has a blog, where she always has awesome ideas. But on the 10th of every month, she starts a countdown for her new release, giving hints and showing projects from her new set, or lately sets, that she's releasing. Last month, she released 5 sets of stamps that coordinate with the marvy scalloped punches. So darling. I absolutely love their stuff. I think my favorite things about their stamps are the sentiments. They fit into my SU! punches, and as you can see, I like to layer my punches. Nichole likes the SU! punches, too, which is partly why she does this. This month she's releasing 2 sets of stamps, transparent flowers, clear paint cans, coffee bags and 9 different sizes of treat tins (suh-weet!). From what I can tell, one of the stamp sets is a floral set and the other is halloween-y. And of course, I love them both. My husband, not so much lovin' me lovin' them both. See, did I mention that I'm also a SU! demo? Hehe, well, I am. But right now, I'm just a hobby demo, so money goes out and none comes in. And then comes the 15th and I start doin' the happy dance. And he just kinda does the let's stop spending shuffle. But I think it kinda balances out when his mom's birthday comes along and I have a nice, perty card all ready to send out & he doesn't have to go to the store & get some boring card, that clearly wasn't made with any kinda love. Right? Oh, just go along with me on this one. I've got to justify it somehow. So until the day comes when he says, ok, go nuts & get whatever you want (oh.mah.goodness), I'll just continue to slowly build my "collection of stuff", as he ever so affectionately calls it. And stalk Nichole's blog.

Stamps: Looks Like Spring (SU!), Faux Ribbon sentiment (Papertrey Ink), Ink: Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa (SU!), Paper: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Close to Cocoa, Accessories: Jumbo Pebble Brads (Making Memories), Oval Punches (SU!), Michael's ribbon

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, that is a fantastic stamp set, love the pink and brown combo.

Kim Ross said...

Beautiful card, Mint! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. It's my first visit and your cards are lovely! :)

Sharon in NE said...

I love the way you think!!! Glad I found this blog!

Charlene Austin said...

I LOVE Papertrey too! Mind you I love SO much when I see all the talented bloggers make great things. My Wish list is ginormous and I think your cards will help me add to that list of "must haves."

Anya said...

Very cute card, Mint! I've been stalking Nichole's site, too and can't wait for the 15th. Also, thanks so much for checking out my site (I saw it on your blogs list). I'll be back to see more of your cards!

Beverley said...

Mint...what a cute card...glad I discovered your blog.
hugs
Beverley

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card. Nichole IS a marketing genius. My heart just did a little pitter patter when I saw the stamp for the Avery labels! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through another blog, and WOW, I'm sure glad I did. You write like I think . . . I'm not sure if that's scary or not ;) What a kick! I'm a HUGE fan of Papertrey Ink also, and one of these days, I'm gonna break down and buy, buy, buy. I love your style and so look forward to reading your blog regularly. This is a big ol' howdy from Michigan. Take care and God bless you from Elizabeth

Swamp Tulip said...

I love Papertrey too. Their new Halloween set is mine!!!!

Teresa

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates