Thursday, August 23, 2007

Surviving


Ok, we survived high school registration. Barely. We were both a little nervous. Plus, it was so hot, and I don't do well with heat. It affects my MS, mostly by just making me really tired. {Another reason why moving back to San Francisco would be a good idea *ahem*. Sorry, just a little side note to my DH} And this is an outside campus, so we walked all over. And it's a biiiigg campus. It's way bigger than either of my high schools. Although, both of my high schools had 2 gyms like hers. But they each only had 1 cafeteria. This school is supposed to have, I don't know, 4,000 kids. That's a lot of teenagers. Teenagers who drive. Oh my. That's another difference. When I was in high school, a handful of my friends actually drove. It wasn't really a priority. There's so much traffic in San Francisco, driving isn't much faster than public transportation. Out here, it seems to be the norm. That's crazy talk. When we were leaving the school, I saw a boy who didn't look much older than Darien get into the driver's side of a truck with his mom. Hmmm. Now I know that boys grow a little slower than girls, but seriously, he looked like he was 14. So, of course being the totally nonjudgmental and logical mom that I am, I sat there & waited for Junior to pull out of the parking lot before me. I see no need to take unnecessary chances. After all, I'm about to have 4 years of this place, and I'm pretty sure there will be more than 1 teenager behind the wheel. Oh boy.

Oh, yeah. I am aware that this card has nothing to do with my post. (Do my others? I'm not sure, I don't really keep track.) But I just thought I'd put it up there, cuz I really like my pick a petal set. I'm still working on lining the petals up, but there's a lot of options there. Just my 2 cents for the day.

Stamps: Pick a Petal, Simply Said, Happy Everything (SU!), Ink: Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Blush Blossom, Cameo Coral (SU!), Paper: Perfect Plum (SU!), Papertrey white

2 comments:

Sharon in NE said...

oh my...it feels like throwing your babies out to the wolves...
Much harder on mom, though.

Cute card. Like the soft colors.

Eva said...

I love this card...so simple yet...it gets your attention!

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates