Saturday, August 25, 2007

Thank You, Squared


Again, it started with the square. I just decided to go nuts with the Borders & Corners set and just layer what I could. Yeah, this is me getting wild, people. Nah, I just can't get away from the simple. When I do, Darien always says, "Wow, that's an interesting card, mom." She's so sweet.

This card is actually for my mom, who stayed with Krista & Tia while Darien & I went to registration. Not that it was a tough job, but she took the day off from work. Tiara's pretty easy to be with, as long as you keep the food coming, cuz she really likes to eat. And Krista was asleep the whole time we were gone. She's not a big fan of the a.m. Plus, Tia loves when my mom babysits. She really thinks she's going to get over and get tons of sugar. See, we limit the amount of sweets that they get. Don't need rotting teeth & kids bouncing off of walls. However, when Grandma's in charge, she can have whatever she wants. So, when she knows Grandma's coming, she gets all singy-songy and excited. "Grandma's comiiing, so I can have all the sweets I wa-ant. Oh, yeah." Only, she never actually does it. When we came home, she was eating popcorn. Yeah, go wild, girl. Gosh, I guess my house is just chock full of party animals. Anyway, thanks again mom. You rock!

Stamps: Borders & Corners, square (Papertrey), Seeing Spots (SU!), Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!), Paper: Very Vanilla & Chocolate Chip (SU!), Chocolate Chip ribbon (SU!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I do "simple" cards and worry when I see all the heavily embellished ones. Shouldn't care as long as it looks nice.

Charlene Austin said...

Beautiful card. I only ordered the Borders and Corners OVAL and can't wait for it to come. Looks like I will need the square one too. Happy Sunday.

Kelly said...

Sometimes it's the simple ones that look fantastic! I love this one!

Anonymous said...

I love this card.

My daughter always says there are two rules: my rules and Grammy's rules. We love to spoil our grandchildren.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beauty! I love the classic look of this card. Loved the story about the sweets and the popcorn.

Eva said...

B&W always one of my favorites...it makes everything look classy...very nice card

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates