Tuesday, August 21, 2007

That's Life


Ok, so after stating that red & green is not a favorite combo of mine, I promptly went & made a card with red & green all over it. It was actually an accident. It all started with the square. I started playing with my borders & corners set from Papertrey (which I love - have I mentioned that?) and just started adding to it. I love all the little extra pieces that come with their sets. They always add just the right accents to bigger designs. Ok, enough gushing.

So, tomorrow Darien & I are going to high school registration for 9th grade. I'm excited for her, because I found high school to be really fun (oh, yeah, and educational, too). This is a big deal, cuz she's our first baby. Sure, she's 5'7" (or 5'8"? jeez!) and looks like a supermodel, but if I look closely I can still see that 4 year old who was a princess for Halloween. Or the 7 year old at her first dance recital. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and her class schedule is acceptable. She's hoping for a certain math teacher. We'll see. I'm just hoping I make it through the morning without losing it, because I realize she's not really a baby anymore. *sigh* Wish me luck!

Stamps: Delight in Life (SU!), Simply Said (SU!), Borders & Corners square (Papertrey Ink), Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip (all SU!), Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Mellow Moss (all SU!), Michael's ribbon

1 comment:

Amy said...

good luck, Mom! These moments are always very hard, but she will have so much fun in high school. I think it's hard for us Mom's cuz we wish we could go back and do it all over again with them (I loved school too)! The tears are for us, not them (wink-wink;)). Here's a {{{{hug}}} for strength!

Amy

 

Mint To Be | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates